We've been living in our duplex here for 2 weeks today. Just 2 whole weeks. It's a nice place, but of course you don't notice many faults until you move in. For instance, our hot water only lasts maybe 10 minutes total. Just 10 minutes at max, then it is cold. So pretty much, one person gets to shower and thats it. Me, I'm getting annoyed with a "family" shower because somehow, I always seem to be the one left to rinse off with the cold water and he who shall not be name, Brad, always gets to end his shower nice and hot. How is that fair? Especially when I was the one who said I would be taking a shower. Starting to annoy me to say the least. We even have our hot water heater set at about 135 degrees, which makes me nervous in case Jaeden were to get a hold of the faucet handle, it could really burn him. You'd think that since we have hotter water it would last longer right? Not the case for us apparently.
Another small problem we are faced with. When we leave the house, we lock Kiko in our pantry. It's quite big, and a lot of room for him. Well for some reason unknown to us, they decided to put linoleum in there instead of tile like the laundry room and kitchen that it is adjoined to. Why does that matter you ask? Well, Kiko, who we also refer to as Marley's brother, managed to tear up part of the flooring. Let me tell you, Brad was not all that enthused about it as Kiko seemed to be. So now, we have to replace that. Not a huge deal and is managable, just not happening right away. What happens to Kiko now when we leave? He gets to stay in his crate, which we need to invest in a bigger one because I do feel guilty leaving him in there when he's gotten a little bit too tall for it. Oh and about that crate. It's a wire crate that you just pop up snap together, very simple. So simple that Kiko knows how to escape out of it. I swear he is too strong for his own good. The first time he wasn't in his crate when I'd left him in there, I thought it was a fluke and I missed a snap thing on the front. The second time didn't fool me though. So now, it has 6 zip ties on it. 2 on the top, and 2 on each front corner. Worked so far.
To top things off, our home has smelled very musty since living here. Actually, even before we moved in. I noticed the smell the first time Brad brought me here, a week before we were to move in. One of the women from the property management company was out here cleaning the second time we stopped by. Well she sucks at cleaning. And that's putting it lightly. It still smelled when we moved in, and I hoped it was just from being vacant for a few months. The brand new front door was gross, looking like someone spilt on it and didn't clean it off. The window sills are absolutely disgusting. They look like they haven't been cleaned in like 2 years. Completely black with dirt and dead flies all over the place. Just plain gross. The toilets clog very easily (it clogged after I went pee once, that's ridiculous) and not just one of the toilets, but both of them. The carpet is dirty (after it got wet when I was soaking up the water on it, the towel was turning brown). And to finish things off, we did 2 home mold test kits this week, and both of them now have mold growing on them, meaning of course, that we have mold. Just freaking lovely. The first test (which was done 2 days before the second) has a massive amount of mold on it. Gross. I've been stuffed up since we moved here, Jaeden is either stuffy or runny. Just not all that happy. So now we have to contact our landlord and get this all taken care of. I'm just frustrated with it all. We don't know where the mold is exactly since the tests use air samples, and I'm wondering if I should even bother finishing unpacking until we figure out what is going to happen. Now the funny part about all this. The landlord (which is a property management company) told Brad when signing the lease that they would be making unannouce visits to make sure that we were keeping the place clean!
Oh, and the stupid internet keeps going out on us! We've had it for 6 days, and have had a problem every single day! We're paying for their fastest and best internet that they offer and have had nothing but problems with it.
Gosh, why do things have to be such a pain!
Hello world!
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment