The other night I guess I had a dream about horses. Why horses, I'm not too sure. I don't even remember dreaming about them. Well, I also seemed to have woken Brad up at about 2am to ask him something along the lines of do they allow horses here? Here, I'd assume is the hotel we are still living in. So here I am talking to Brad at 2am about horses, in my sleep, and the funny part is, Brad actually gets pissed off that I woke him up in my sleep. Since I have control of that, right? Oh well, he got to hear to me ramble on about them allowing horses here. One night I'm having a dumb nightmare about tornados (I think it's because there are tornados in Missouri, and me and Brad had a conversation about them a few days ago. I'll get into that later.) and then the next night I'm sleep talking about dang horses. Brad wasn't too pleased. I just couldn't believe how mad he had gotten at me over it. Pretty dumb in my opinion.
So about the tornado nightmare now. While on our last day of driving, I had told Brad that a few days ago the entire post was having a tornado exercise to help prepare everyone for the chance of tornados and how to properly protect yourself and family, etc. Well we were talking about what you are supposed to do if your driving and there is a tornado and he says he'd just keep driving. Wrong answer. You're actually supposed to pull over and get out of the car and lay in a ditch with your head covered. Brad likes to play the tough guy persona but I think he'd actually flip if there was a tornado coming at us. So anyways, the nightmare had one tornado completely destory our home with us in it, and then later in the day another was hitting us while in the car and Jaeden was in the backseat but not buckled in properly and the tornado was throwing the car up into the air and it was about to flip upside down and I was freaking out because Jaeden would probably get hurt. That's what made the whole thing a nightmare. The thought of something happening to Jaeden woke me up out of a dead sleep and really made it hard for me to fall back asleep. It wasn't the tornado, just Jaeden. It's great being a mommy.
On to other things, I cannot wait to get out of this hotel. It's nothing against the hotel personally, it's just such a pain to be in a hotel when your trying to get your normally scheduled and easy to get to bed toddler to sleep when your not so smooth and not quiet husband are in the same room. Usually I just get Jaeden into jammies with a fresh diaper and give some nightnight kisses and hugs, tell him I love him and down he goes into his crib and he puts himself to sleep. That's not how it's been working now. I have to lay with him to try to coax him to sleep. And that could take hours. It doesn't help when Brad thinks he is being quiet but in reality isn't being as quiet as he thinks he is. And Jaeden isn't as easy to get to go to sleep as he has been for the past 5 months. Man, I miss those days. I can't wait for him to have his own room and his crib back. Something to look forward to. Also, being stuck in a hotel room, Brad and I get so frustrated at each other over the littlest things. Not exactly fun either. Ugh...
Just a few more days and we'll be in our new home. I can't wait.
Hello world!
8 years ago



Isn't it just great when our "Mommy Imagination" takes over and we wake up hyperventilating? I'm sorry that you guys are stuck in a hotel. My Brad is loud at bedtime in hotels too and it drives me insane. Especially since you really can't let the little ones fuss in a hotel because the walls are so thin. Hoping that you get into your house soon! And I can't believe you're gone! Make sure you let me know when you head back this way for visits!
ReplyDelete