Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Missouri

It is set. Our stuff will be packed and moved out of here on the 25th. So that is only a week away. Wow. Then we'll be staying at Brad's parents for a few days and then on to our journey. Driving about 2000 miles with a 19mon old and a dog. Talk about fun! Ha, yea, we'll see. I doubt fun is the right word to use. Well, Brad has found us a duplex to move into. He's says its nice. It's kind of out in the country, but then again Ft. Leonard Wood is in freaking the middle of nowhere! It's a 2 bed 2 full bath duplex with an attached 2 car garage. Brad says the rooms are huge, like he says we could fit two of our king sized bed in there! Both rooms are that big. We might put a spare bed in Jaeden's room at some point that way my mom could come and visit and stay with us :D. I have mixed feelings about leaving. I'm up for the new place and being a family but I'm torn because Jaeden is going to be heartbroken leaving his Nana and Papa and the other family he has grown attached to. It breaks my heart thinking about it. I know I'm doing the right thing by moving there because it is fair to Brad, I just hate that Jaeden will be hurting. I know, people say he probably won't even notice, but I think he will. I think he'll realize it when he could only talk on the phone to them, or see them on the webcam. We do (we as in me and Jaeden) plan on trying to visit between here and Ca every 6-8 weeks and Brad's parents are going to come out to visit about the same frequency too. If not both then his mom will. They are also very attached to Jaeden and the thought is breaking their hearts too. I'm thinking about looking for a part-time type job during the later evenings to help finance the travelling I plan on. Just somewhere that wouldn't mind giving me a weeks time off without pay. I'm sure there is somewhere out there, right? I'm hoping that I could keep the bonds with some of the people I have met here. I'd hate for all of that to just disipate into nothing.

Well, that's my little update. It's a little bittersweet isn't it? So off I go to feed our pain in the butt dog! If any of you have seen Marley & Me, Kiko could be Marley's brother! Our little clearance puppy!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Tiffany! I know how hard it is being away from family, but we have seen my parents at least every 3 months (usually every 2) since Susy was born 4 1/2 years ago, so it's possible! The frequent visits, webcam, phone, pictures, etc, have given my kids a VERY strong bond with their grandparents. It will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had gotten a chance to talk more at play dates and now your moving! It was great meeting you and hopefully I can keep in touch through your blog. Good luck!! Hope you meet some wonderful Mommy's in your new moms group. :)

    ReplyDelete