Saturday, May 9, 2009

And the craziness continues.

Our landlord is getting on my nerves. They finally sent someone out to access our mold problem and try to narrow down where it may be. He decides he thinks its in the carpet and he was going to recommend the carpet be pulled up in the front room and look and see if there is mold in the pad and the carpet to be cleaned with some sort of anti-fungal. Well a week goes by and finally a carpet guy is here. We're going to call him K. He comes and pulls up the carpet in 4 places and finds moisture in 2 of the 4 places, but no mold. K tells me he'd be back the next morning with a dryer and back the morning after that to replace the pad and tack the carpet back in place then clean it. So after he brings the dryer, we had to keep it on non-stop until the next morning because if it was wet, he'd just have to come back the next day. Not happening. It's dry when he comes back and he starts to replace some of the padding. He never thought the mold was in the carpet or pad. He then puts the carpet back and moves on to cleaning it. He also tells me that he knows this carpet had not been cleaned in a long time. That pisses me off, even though we could already tell it hadn't been. He's also only cleaning it with a deodorizer, not an anti-fungal. And he was told to clean only the front room. He also told me that the landlord (well the property management company) is only doing the bare minimum to replacate our problem. That really pisses me off. I mean, it's unhealthy for Jaeden to be in this and they're just barely trying to fix our problem. What the hell? K also says that if it were him, he'd move. I've thought about it seriously. I mean, I like this place, but we've had nothing but problems, and they aren't fixing them. So that same day, we get another home mold test. I do the test on thursday. The last tests took about 2 1/2-3 days to show results. This time it only took 1 days and there was already mold growing. I plan on putting in writing that this problem needs to be replicated ASAP and taking it to them in person. I'm getting tired of all of this BS. Ugh. Hopefully they do something otherwise we may be moving.

To top things off, yesterday morning we get slammed by this huge storm. Man it was crazy! They called the storm a derecho. Definitely one of the craziest storms I've been through. The creek behind us was massively flooded at about 30 ft wide and only about 2ft from the back of the house. Completely surrounded our shed though. I'm just glad that there wasn't too much damage done in the areas affected and that more people weren't hurt. Also that Brad was smart enough to not worry about his supervisors not answering for him to say we were getting hit bad (we are 35mi east of the post and it hadn't hit them yet) and he just stayed home. He was going to just drive to work. Wouldn't have been the smartest idea he's had. But now it's gone and it's been sunny since yesterday afternoon. That's nice after like a week and a half of rain. Go to Jaeden's blog to see the pictures and video.

We went to a bbq today at Brad's NCO's (supervisor) house. We all had a good time. Jaeden was like the doggie whisperer. All the dogs (we took Marley with us) were following him around. It was pretty cute and he loved it. And then when a couple other kids showed up, Jaeden just had to start showing off. Afterwards, we decided to go to the small golf course by us. I golfed too. Again, not the best golfer over here. I wouldn't even go as far as saying decent, but I wouldn't say I'm horrible. I've already got a big fan too, Jaeden :D. He'd cheer me on. I also noticed that if I'm mad at Brad I hit the ball very well! Maybe that's the key to me playing well??

No comments:

Post a Comment